[TYPO3-english] Cannot get TS condition working?

Benoit Montereau bmontereau at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:09:33 CEST 2011

Hello,
I just build a new website based on the Introduction Package available on
typo3.org.
I would like to implement some new stuff and I need to add some condition
(am I on the homepage, language used, etc.). Unfortunately for ALL the
condition I tried to insert, nothing is handled as expected (seems the
[else] block is always used.

I think I'm doing something very basic but certainly also a systematic error
because when I just tried to add a condition in the page_configuration as
follow, system does NOT take care of the condition:

# Make the PAGE object
page = PAGE
page {
# Regular pages always have typeNum = 0
typeNum = 0

1 = TEXT
1{
[system = win]
value = Win
[else]
value = Mac
[end]
}

When a load one webpage either on Win or Mac the text Mac is displayed at
the top of the page...
Is there a config to change in order to get conditions handled or what basic
stuff is wrong in the code above?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ben