[TYPO3-english] RSS Feed Problem - Seems like Word Quotes and Apostrophes

Louis Coppola lcoppola at ga-institute.com
Fri Apr 8 18:11:41 CEST 2011

I have multiple RSS feeds set up and they have all been working
without much of an issue.

However just recently (a couple of days ago) started getting this
error message popping up in Chrome for all RSS feeds:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start
of the document
error on line 1 at column 38: Encoding error
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

When I look at the source code of the page I can see that the document
seems to end where there are ' or " marks in the document that seem to
come from Word.  These are the quotes and apostrophes that are the
different ones word sticks into documents.

If i go into the particular article and remove the ' or " then the RSS
feed will render until the next ' or " and I need to keep going
through each article in the RSS feed and remove these.

This was not happening previously and I am not sure why it is happening now.

Is there a setting or something that I am missing which will either
ignore or change these annoying symbols into the proper characters so
this issue will not occur?

Thanks,
Lou