[TYPO3-english] Title issue, and adding records issue

Rickard N rickard_n1 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:27:34 CEST 2011

Hi!

To begin with, I'm new to Typo3 and I don't know how to access html editing in typo3.
I have two issues, one with the showing title on the webpage I'd like to adjust and the other about adding records in several languages.

On the search engines each side of my web site right now show up with company name and menu titel. I don't want that as I want each site to show the side title. For instance the index side show up as Nordic Discovery - Home. The meaning is that the page should show the side title which is Nordic Discovery - Rent of canoes and kayaks in Sweden. Beaver and moose safaris
The thing is that Rent of canoes and kayaks in Sweden. Beaver and moose safaris is written in the Titel - Tag field in the SEO manager.
Looking at the html document I can see that both the sides menu title and the sides title is written as side title on two different places. Please check the first and the last sentence in the cut from the attached document below. (Taken from "view source")

<title>Nordic Discovery - Home</title>  <link rel="stylesheet" href="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/css/main.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection, print" />
<!--[if IE]>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/css/ie.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection, print" />
<![endif]-->
<!--[if lte IE 6 ]>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/css/ie6.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection, print" />
<![endif]-->
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/css/print.css" type="text/css" media="print" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/js/superfish/css/superfish.css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/js/superfish/css/superfish-vertical.css" />

<!-- (en) Add your meta data here -->
<!-- (de) Fuegen Sie hier ihre Meta-Daten ein -->

<!--[if lte IE 7]>

<![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/js/menu.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="typo3conf/ext/sb_config/fileadmin/js/superfish/js/superfish.js"></script>
        <title>Rent of canoes and kayaks in Sweden. Beaver and moose safaris</title>

In all pages it has been changed in the metadata but as you can see above there is smth that overrides it.

The second problem: I have made translations of a page and copied content. How do I add new records on the translated pages so it only shows there? (which should'nt show on the original language or others) (and making the record in original language then hiding didnt work for me either)

I'm aware of that this might be foolish questions but I didnt have much luck reading and searching info on the net about it at all. All help with sorting out the problems would be much appreciated.

Regards
Rickard