[TYPO3-english] RealUrl redirect after renaming page

Georg Schönweger georg.schoenweger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:09:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

Sometimes me (and many other users) are changing the page title of a
page. Now i would like to tell REALURL to redirect old address of page
to new one after renaming the page.
Example:
old page title: "my page" --> ../my_page/
new page: "my new page" --> ../my_new_page/
now every call to ../my_page/ should be redirected with 301 to
../my_new_page/
This way you don't have duplicated content, no broken links ecc.

I searched via google and found out that this should be the normal way
realurl is handling renamed pages;
http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/typo3-seo-keep-your-links-working.html
http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/realurl-made-easy-part-2.html
But in my case it doesn't work. Did realurl in recent versions changed
this behaviour? In my case i can access the old url version and the new
one without any redirects. How to tell realurl to redirect old address
to new address? Is the same also possible for lookUpTables in postVarSets?

relevant config:
  'www.plottershop.it' => array(
    'init' => array(
            'enableCHashCache' => 1,
            'adminJumpToBackend' => false,
            'enableUrlDecodeCache' => true,
            'enableUrlEncodeCache' => true,
            'emptyUrlReturnValue' => '/',
    ),
    'pagePath' => array(
            'type' => 'user',
            'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
            'spaceCharacter' => '_',
            'languageGetVar' => 'L',
            'autoUpdatePathCache' => true,
            'rootpage_id' => 95,
    ),
    // would be nice if also in postVarSets old Url's get redirected to
new ones
    'postVarSets' => array(
            'article' => array(
                array(