[TYPO3-english] how is 4.5 BE is "heavier and slower" for you?

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Sat Apr 2 18:25:38 CEST 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:08:19 +0100, Stefano Cecere <scecere at krur.com>
wrote:

>> second we upgraded our servers 2 weeks ago to Debian6 and all newest
>> Versions of PHP 5.3 and MySQL etc. This brought a huge increase of
>> speed.
>
> we are moving to Ubuntu 10.04 / PHP 5.3 and latest APC next week
> before giving up 4.5.2 we'll try this. i'll let you know!

i can happily say that the first tests after updating (format and fresh
install) of Ubuntu 10.04 + latest php 5.3, PAC, apache multi-thread,
a bit of mysql optimization, .htaccess optimizations, closed all warning
and debugging reports...(and more to come)
our websites under 4.5.2 BE are quite usable, with very nice FE speed

i'll report if we find any optimizations that will give other sensible
performance boost

ciao

   Stefano Cecere
   krur.com multimedia