[TYPO3-english] closing of HTML tags

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:18:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Douglas La Farge
<doug at gcnpublishing.com> wrote:
> I'm certain it is fair to assume that the behavior I describe below is a new "feature" in Typo3 4.4 (maybe it got added in 4.3?).
>
> I have this set up for tt_content containers on a page.
>
> HTML container
> tt_news container
> HTML container.
>
> The first HTML container contains (only):
>
> The tt_news container is a typical LIST container
>
> The last HTML container contains (only):
>
> The reason I do this is so we can format each tt_news container (as seen here):
> http://www.skinandallergynews.com/
>
> notice the colored box behind the LIST containers in the left middle column (Medical Dermatology, etc.).
>
> So apparently Typo3 4.4 sees this open div tag in the HTML container and closes it for me.  I don't want that.
>
> instead of getting
> tt_news LIST output
>
> I get:

> tt_news LIST output
>
> This then leaves the pretty little tan background image as a thin line which isn't acceptable.
>
> If there was another way to wrap tt_content with div tags I'd try that. But that was a failed experiment.
>
> So how do I turn this new behavior off?

You don't, you do it with TS :)

Start with this mailing list message and read through the remainder of
the thread, there are some useful comments:

http://typo3.toaster-schwerin.de/typo3_english/2006_09/msg00803.html

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/