[TYPO3-english] Is using global $BE_USER incorrect?

Nicolas Kuttler typo3-english at nicolaskuttler.de
Wed Sep 29 10:28:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 08:52:16AM +0200, Bjoern Pedersen wrote:
> > typoscript:
> > [globalVar = TSFE:beUserLogin>0]
> > # do something
> > [global]
> >
> > This condition is only true for BE admin users, which is rather useless
> > in my case.
> >
> > From within the constructor of a FE extension (in the pi1/mainfile.php):
> >
> >     function __construct() {
> >         global $BE_USER;
> >         global $TSFE;
> >         $this->log( is_object( $BE_USER ) ); // only true for BE admins
> >         $this->log( $TSFE->beUserLogin ); // only true for BE admins
> >     }
> >
> Looking at the code, it should be working. There are only the following
> checks which could cause a failure:

Yes, my thoughts exactly. This should be trivial.

> lockIP is set and not fullfilled.

Was set to 2 or 4 for FE/BE, setting both to 0 didn't change the
behaviour.

> adminOnly is set

Set to 0.

> lockSSL is set and not fulfilled. (If you have set lockSSL for the
> backend, then you will only succeed with this test, if you access the FE
> trough SSL as well.)

Is set to 0.

Anyway, I have filed a bug, but don't have too much hope tbh.

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15827

In the meantime I'll try to make something like work

function auth_check() {
    $user = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_beUserAuth');
    $user->start();
    if ( $user->user['uid'] > 0 )
        return true;
    return false;