[TYPO3-english] Old login form and layout problems with new installation

Jochem jochem.nabuurs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 21:53:50 CEST 2010

Thank you, Jigal, for your quick reply.

Jigal van Hemert schreef:
> Hi,
>
> On 26-9-2010 19:56, Jochem wrote:
>> when installing 4.4.2. on a dedicated server (clean install) i'm
>> expiriencing the following problems:
>>
>> - the old login form is shown when trying to log onto the TYPO3 backend.
>> - when logged in, the layout is not as it should be. Icons do appear but
>> they seem to be from typo3 v < 4.4.2 and it looks as if stylesheets
>> arent loaded properly, but they are included in the header of the page
>> (viewed pagesource).
>
> Make sure you have a complete set of the new files in the source
> directory and haven't uploaded the files which seem new or changed;
> leaving old files behind may cause some strange side effects.

I can imagine that this would be the case with a TYPO3 update, but this
is a new installation. So there are no old files...

> Most likely you need to clear some cached things:

The database is created from scratch, and so are the typo3temp and
typo3conf directories so there is no cache...

> First use the install tool directly (http://example.com/typo3/install/)
> and start the Update Wizard
> - make sure that you haven't set compatibility mode with an older version
> - install the system extensions you need; gradually modules which were
> previously included in the core have been moved to system extensions
> (which are included in the package, but must be installed)
> - perform a Compare Database and fix tables and fields which need
> adjustments
>
> Then go to the Clean up part of the install tool
> - delete all files from the typo3temp directory and all subdirectories
> (each sub-directory needs to be handled separately here and you can
> delete a maximum of 1000 file per time); this is an important step
> because now you can remove old CSS, Javascript, sprite images, etc.
>
> Finally start the "Edit files  in typo3conf/" tool and use the link on
> the bottom to 'Delete temp_CACHED* files'.
>
> You can clear your browser cache to make sure nothing old is left there
> if you want.
>
> Now log in to the back end with an admin account and clear all caches.
>
> HTH

I've uploaded TYPO3 4.3.5 and having no problems with that one, not even
with symlinks in place. However, I really want to use 4.4.2, so
hopefully someone has a solution...