[TYPO3-english] Old login form and layout problems with new installation

Jochem jochem.nabuurs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:56:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

when installing 4.4.2. on a dedicated server (clean install) i'm
expiriencing the following problems:

- the old login form is shown when trying to log onto the TYPO3 backend.
- when logged in, the layout is not as it should be. Icons do appear but
they seem to be from typo3 v < 4.4.2 and it looks as if stylesheets
arent loaded properly, but they are included in the header of the page
(viewed pagesource).

I've used the installer to configure TYPO3, and that looked allright -
no layout problems here...

I have used symlinks to link to the source files like the article from
dimitry discribes (and also on wiki.typo3.org), but when that didn't
work (layout problems), I deleted the symlinks and copied all the
folders to the dir tree (but without effect).

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Jochem