[TYPO3-english] Remove all CSS from other extensions

Schuler, Stephan mail at g4n.de
Fri Sep 24 10:32:14 CEST 2010

Hey Søren.

What Dimitry said is the whole truth if you stick to TYPO3 onboard features.

My Approach would be to use some JS/CSS cleaning tool such es
"scriptmerger" (find it in at the extension repository) which is based
on "minify" (find it on google code).

It acts as a content post processor.
The defaults page rendering produces several lines of <script> and
<link>. They go to the output where they will be grabbed from the
scriptmerger extension.
The scriptmerger removes <link> and <script> (to be configured via TS)
from the output string, catches the contents, writes them to a temp
file and includes only the temp files.

JavaSript on works very well with scriptmerger when you disable the
compression stuff.
CSS doesn't work as good because of relatively included
child-CSS-Files ("@import url();") and relatively stated background
images ("background: url();"). This part needs some revision, i think.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/scriptmerger/current/
http://code.google.com/p/minify/

Regards,

Stephan Schuler