[TYPO3-english] Extending DAM

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 23 08:15:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 23-9-2010 1:43, ktt wrote:
> How could I add custom fields to DAM and display them in a separate tab?
> It seems there is not much documentation on this topic.

Basically you have to write your own extension which adds new fields to
the DAM database tables and adds these fields in the BE to a new tab.

The kickstarter extension will help you a lot with adding the fields and
basic configuration of the BE interface, but you will most likely need
to do some tweaking to get it the way you want it too look and behave.

Dmitry Dulepov wrote an excellent book about TYPO3 extension development
[1]. Technical information about field types, options and loads of other
development related stuff is available in the documentation section of
the typo3.org site [2].

You won't find a step-by-step documentation about adding fields to an
extension in an extension manual because it's not information which is
specific to that extension.

For development related discussions there is also a dedicated list
'typo3.dev'.

[1] https://www.packtpub.com/typo3-extension-development/book
[2]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/