[TYPO3-english] RealURL home page language redirect

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 22 09:55:10 CEST 2010

Hi!

Kaya Basharan wrote:
> Yeah, that's what I reckoned, but what could I have done to cause this class to wrongly resolve the path to PID for the root page?

For example, you could incorrectly specify it in the config or use _DEFAULT
with root page id or forget to specify one or more alias domains (www and
non-www versions). In most cases RealURL can recover from this
automatically but in some extreme cases it can't. For example I saw a
config with a root page being shortcut pointing to another shortcut to yet
another shortcut to a real root page. Root template was on the shortcut #3,
domain on the shortcut #1, not was marked as 'site root' and rootpage_id
was missing from config. It was a nightmare because any of several pages
could be identified as a root page of the site. SO RealURl was very
confused as were the authors of the site when I asked them what page is a
real root page. They did not know :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member