[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.4.2 RTE very slow compared to 4.3.2

Jochem Nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Tue Sep 21 11:29:40 CEST 2010

Hi list,

In a custom extension we are using about 8 RTE's.
Because of the large amount of fields, I use the dividers2tabs option to
create 5 tabs in the extension. On the 2nd last tab 4, RTE's are loaded
and on the last tab another 4 RTE's are loaded.

When creating or editing a record, only the last RTE is working. The
others are loaded, but I cant edit their content.When I save the record,
all RTE's on the current tab are editable, but RTE's on another tab are
only editable when saving the record while that tab is active.

When I disable the use of tabs (and all fields are loaded below each
other, creating a very long list) all RTE's are editable (so no problem
there).

I created the extension in a 4.3.2 installation, and enabling the tabs
option there does not cause any trouble. RTE's are loaded very fast and
are editable at all times.

I hope someone can help me with this issue because this extension has to
go live in 1 day from now, and I really like to use the tabs function.

Thank you in advance!