[TYPO3-english] Install Tool problem

Tomiţă MILITARU tomita.militaru at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:35:32 CEST 2010

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply, the #1 issue was due to have declared in localconf 2
times the installToolPassword, so thats fixed. For issue #2, I've tried that
before also, but still no errors, even tried with value 1 at displayErrors.
Log file does not have any error messages :(
I'm running out of ideas, maybe I just have to reinstall / update TYPO3, but
I'd like to avoid that.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Marcus Krause <marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Tomiţă MILITARU schrieb am 09/14/2010 11:44 AM Uhr:
> > Hello,
> >
> > 1) I am using TYPO3 4.1.5 and I'm trying to access the Install Tool, but
> it
> > is not opening, although I'm using the good password. I've compared the
> MD5:
> > *localconf.php:*
> > $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword'] =
> > 'bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971';
> > *Install Tool screen:*
> > The password you just tried has this md5-value:
> > bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971
> >
> > As you can see they are identical, but still not working. I've found this
> > bug report: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5182 , but it isn't mark
> as
> > Solved, do you think I should apply that patch?
> >
> > 2) The Extension Manager isn't opening, it's just blank, no error
> message,
> > any ideas what could be or how to enable a debug mode for the BE?
>
> Start with 2) and read
> http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/blank-empty-page-in-typo3.html
> before! You obviously have to manually adjust
> [SYS][displayErrors] & [SYS][devIPmask]
> in typo3conf/localconf.php as install tool is not working for you. After
> having modified localconf.php file, remove all typo3conf/temp_CACHED_*
> files to let the changes effect your TYPO3 installation.
>
> Marcus.
>

> --
> Member TYPO3 Security Team
> Blog on TYPO3 Security: http://secure.t3sec.info/blog/