[TYPO3-english] Difference empty dates and 1/1/70 date

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 15 23:51:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 15-9-2010 13:42, Sergio wrote:
> is there a way to difference these values before saving in the TYPO3
> database? It always saves 0 for both values (empty and 1/1/70 date).

Timestamps (as in Unix timestamp) are meant for storing date/time data
between 1970 and 2038 (e.g. crdate, tstamp). They are not meant to store
for example a birth date.

Unfortunately TYPO3 has currently no other date/time type with a wider
range. Even FLOW3 has only a date/time type which is stored (sorry, I
mean "persisted") in a Unix timestamp (integer database field).

So, if you want to store birth dates, astronomical data, historical
data, etc. well, good luck :-(

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert