[TYPO3-english] Install Tool problem

Tomiţă MILITARU tomita.militaru at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:44:56 CEST 2010

Hello,

1) I am using TYPO3 4.1.5 and I'm trying to access the Install Tool, but it
is not opening, although I'm using the good password. I've compared the MD5:
*localconf.php:*
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword'] =
'bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971';
*Install Tool screen:*
The password you just tried has this md5-value:
bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971

As you can see they are identical, but still not working. I've found this
bug report: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5182 , but it isn't mark as
Solved, do you think I should apply that patch?

2) The Extension Manager isn't opening, it's just blank, no error message,
any ideas what could be or how to enable a debug mode for the BE?

Thank you.

--
Engr. Tomiţă MILITARU
Board Member SbLUG