[TYPO3-english] realURL: update error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Daniel Doesburg daniel at typo3-nl.eu
Mon Sep 13 09:23:36 CEST 2010

Hi Jigal,

I updated a realURL extension, saw an error message and remembered I had
to do something. :-)

I've a structure of the asked tables at:
http://www.doesburg.biz/structure_realurl.txt

and this is the message in the reporter:

caller 	t3lib_DB::admin_query

ERROR 	Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

lastBuiltQuery
ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_uniqalias CHANGE tablename tablename varchar(255)
default '';

debug_backtrace
SC_mod_tools_em_index->main#54 //
SC_mod_tools_em_index->showExtDetails#582 //
SC_mod_tools_em_index->updatesForm#2432 //
SC_mod_tools_em_index->checkDBupdates#2651 //
t3lib_install->performUpdateQueries#5377 // t3lib_DB->admin_query#940 //
t3lib_DB->debug#1292

Hope this is enough to see where and what the problem is and to help me
to solve it.

Best regards,

Daniel Doesburg