[TYPO3-english] chained selectbox in typo3 backend (ajax)

Sergey Alexandrov serg at alexandrov.us
Fri Sep 10 17:09:03 CEST 2010

Hey there,

Well, actually, I used described method in BE :)

What you can do to use ajax with TCE is to define your selects not as type
SELECT in tca.php, but USER and create 'your own fields' with all necessary
for ajax functioning attributes (at least onchange) Refer to:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_
api/4.1.0/view/4/2/#id4230585
As I can see, prototype is always included while TCE record editing, so no
needs to include it again in ext.

I believe it could be done.