[TYPO3-english] chained selectbox in typo3 backend (ajax)

Jochem Nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Thu Sep 9 17:50:45 CEST 2010

Hi List,

I have an extension which allows editors to add employees.
Editors must fill in fields like name, address, etc but also the
selectboxes unit, main departement, departement and subdepartement.

When a unit is selected, the selectboxes with main departement,
departement and subdepartement must change accordingly.

I'd like to do this with ajax calls but I don't know where to start.
I've build my extension with the kickstarter, which does not provide
ajax based selectboxes (AFAIK).

Is it at all possible? I've read an article about ajax functionality in
TYPO3 backend but I can't seem to figure out how to integrate it in my
extension. Are there any extensions available which also provide the
functionality I described?

I'm running TYPO3 4.3.2 in my test environment, but the live site runs
4.4.2. I know this is not advised but it's the only option for now.

The article I've read is located here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.2.0/view/3/9/

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Jochem Nabuurs