[TYPO3-english] FE edition of a BE record : what strategy?

David ARNOULT - Edition & Internet Operations d.arnoult at topsolid.com
Thu Sep 9 10:20:29 CEST 2010

Hello TYPO3 Mailing list

I have a quick question: I have developed an FE extension that manages
resellers to display on FE as lists.

Every reseller is a record added on the BE, very classic. Example here:

http://www.topsolid.com/resellers/find-a-var.htm?no_cache=1

I would like to offer the possibility to each VAR to edit their own details
(name, address etc).

Instead of creating BE users in one separated folder by user to edit, I
would like to use FE user to edit them on the FE with a prefilled form and
to update var db.

What would be the best strategy? I need basically a form on FE to edit a
record stored in BE and save data.

Use Powermail with db queries ? Add to the var extension a form
configuration, or use an existing extension that already do that?

Thanks  for your help and making TYPO3 best Enterprise CMS!

David