[TYPO3-english] Problem with sr_email_subscribe - and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing

Philippe Moreau philippe.moreau.1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 04:24:10 CEST 2010

I'm not too familiar with that extension but modifying the constant does not
mean that this will change the file for the 'instance' of the extension that
you want to modify. You're gonna have to find either the content element
from where the extension is called, or the typoscript code.

If it's a content element, it can be anywhere but you should see it under
one of the pages when you're in the 'List' module. If it's typoscript then
it might be a bit hard to find...

Good luck.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Cameron <themselves at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone? I'm absolutely lost.
>
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Cameron <themselves at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok, so I went to the Template section, and then I browsed through to the
> > Constant Editor, and it showed a list of modules, I picked the
> > sr_email_subscribe, and it has listed in there:
> >
> > Template File[plugin.tx_sremailsubscribe.file.templateFile]And in the
> drop
> > down list, it has EXT:/path/to/templatefile, which is matched by the one
> on
> > the file system. Inside that file, there is *definitely* a
> > ###TEMPLATE_SETFIXED_CREATE_
> > REVIEW### section.
> >
> > So. Is that right? Why wouldn't that be working?
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Cameron <themselves at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I'm completely useless at typo3, and I just upgraded a site to 4.4,
> along
> > > with all the modules, and I have this error coming up when someone
> tries
> > > subscribe to a newsletter using the sr_email_subscribe module:
> > >
> > > The subpart ###TEMPLATE_SETFIXED_CREATE_REVIEW### has not been found
> > inside
> > > of the template file.
> > >
> > > Obviously I know what it means, I just have no idea where to start
> > looking,
> > > if I grep -r on that string I find that string in a couple of places,
> so
> > > it's not like it doesn't exist, but I have no idea how to tell the
> module
> > > use a particular template file, there's no setting for it in the admin
> > that
> > > I can see.
> > >
> > > I saw some documentation for the module in question that says "When you
> > > upgrade from an older version to version 1+, you need to add a static
> > > template to your TS template, otherwise the extension will not work.",
> > but
> > > have literally no idea what that even means.

Philippe Moreau