[TYPO3-english] Cooluri: Force link update from extension

hinterindien at gmx.net hinterindien at gmx.net
Mon Sep 6 14:45:39 CEST 2010

Hello,

for our website, we are generating links from a DB-Table. How can we achieve that a change in our DB-Table also changes die link stored in cooluri?

For more clarity, here is an example:
We have a table of hotels: with uid, hotelName and of course other stuff...
The link to detail page of this hotel will be somehow formed using the entry hotelName: www.page.com/townName/hotelNameUrlized for example.

Now, hotelName changes.

In Typo3, I now have to go to the backend and either click "force update of all links" or find the specific links affected by the change in hotelName and ask for a manual update of this link.

Now my question: Is there a function in cooluri, that I can call and that forces updates of all links? Or is there even a function that specifically updates only links containing old-hotelNameUrlized? Or is the recommended solution just to set timestamp=0 in table link_cache for all entries I want to update?

Thanks for help
Nico

PS: If you think this is of greater interest, I can put this question into the mailing-list also...