[TYPO3-english] RealURL home page language redirect

Kaya Basharan kayabasharan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 14:32:28 CEST 2010

> From: tomkrawc at gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 09:49:05 +0200
> To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
> Subject: Re: [TYPO3-english] RealURL home page language redirect
>
> Kaya Basharan pisze:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > My realurl configuration is working with one exception:  it redirects away from the home page when selecting a different language.
> > For example:  the home page is http://localhost:8505/  and selecting English (the default language is German) gives http://localhost:8505/en.html but displays the first sub-page instead of the home page (the language is correct).
> > I thought I had solved the problem but it has returned to haunt me just as the site is ready to go live.
> > I fixed the problem last time by changing:
> > $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
> > into:
> > $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['localhost'] = array(
> >
> > But now I have:
> > $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['192.168.1.14'] = array(
> > and it's doing the same thing again.
> > http://192.168.1.14/en.html  displays the first sub-page when it should show the home page.
> >
> > I have spent days on this with no progress (cleared every cache, read the manual thoroughly many times).
> > Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > sincerely
> > Kaya Basharan
> >
> > uniqueLinkVars = 1
> > sys_language_uid = 0
> > sys_language_overlay = content_fallback
> >
> > localconf.php:
> > $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['192.168.1.14'] = array(
> > //preVars configuration section
> > 	'preVars' => array(
> > 		array(
> > 			'GETvar' => 'L',
> > 			'valueMap' => array(
> > 				'en' => '1',
> > 				'ar' => '2',
> > 			),
> > 			'noMatch' => 'bypass',
> > 		),
> > ),
> >
> > _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> > Kaya Basharan
>

> If english is default then it has ID = 0 in all my installations. If
> german is you second languate (first alternative language) then its ID is 1.
>
> so change this
>
> 	'preVars' => array(
> 		array(
> 			'GETvar' => 'L',
> 			'valueMap' => array(
> 				'en' => '1',
> 				'ar' => '2',
> 			),
> 			'noMatch' => 'bypass',
> 		),
>
> in this
>
> 	'preVars' => array(
> 		array(
> 			'GETvar' => 'L',
> 			'valueMap' => array(
> 			),
> [...]

Thanks for the suggestion but German is the default language and English and Arabic are additional languages.
http://localhost:8080/ shows the home page in German,
http://localhost:8080/en.html shows the first sub-page (instead of the home page) in English!

I switched back to using ['_DEFAULT'] but nothing changed.

The reason I thought of changing this in the first place is because the RealURL manual says it is deprecated, or did I misunderstand that?  Is that just for multi-domain sites?

Regards
Kaya