[TYPO3-english] realURL: update error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 4 09:24:00 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

On 3-9-2010 22:55, Daniel Doesburg wrote:
> I remember this problem also with realURL for some years ago.
>
> In that case the advise was to remove 1 part of the complex key. But now
> I don't know if that's possible without problems.

I remember the problem too, but I also remember that the real problem
was that database modifications were made in the wrong order by the
extension manager. Removing part of the key enabled the correct
modification of the table structure to be executed and after that the
index could be redefined.

Version 1.9.4 modifies the following tables:
tx_realurl_pathcache
tx_realurl_uniqalias
tx_realurl_chashcache
tx_realurl_urldecodecache
tx_realurl_urlencodecache
tx_realurl_errorlog
tx_realurl_redirects
pages
pages_language_overlay
sys_domain
sys_template

Can you export these with PHPMyAdmin (only the structure, not the
data!)? Then we may find which index is causing the problems and come up
with a workaround.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert