[TYPO3-english] felogin update and display

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 3 20:14:27 CEST 2010

On 3-9-2010 13:34, Max van Essen wrote:
> I'm new to typo so maybe I ask something that's asked before, I tried
> searching for my question but couldn't find an answer so here it is:

A small detail, but it's "TYPO3" and not "typo", "typo3", "typo 3",
"Typo3", etc.

> 1. I have a typo 4.2.14 site, but the version of felogin is still 1.0.0.
> How can I update the ext to the new version?

It's a system extension, so it comes with the package. You don't need
update it. If there are bugs found in system extensions they are fixed
in all TYPO3 versions where the bug is present.

Installing system extensions from other versions than the branch (4.2.x
, 4.3.x, 4.4.x) you're working with may cause the extension or the
entire installation to become non-functional, cause erratic behaviour, etc.
Felogin for example is different for 4.2 than for 4.3 because 4.3 has
functionality in the core which is not present in 4.2. If you use the
4.3 version on a 4.2 installation it will (depending on the
functionality you use) throw PHP errors about undefined functions.

> 2. I want a login/logout form on every page on my site. In the template
> I defined a place (with ###) for the felogin form, but how next? Where
> should I place to code display it on every page.

In the manual there is an explanation on how to use it from Typoscript.
In the Typoscript part where you fill the markers (the ###....###
places) you can use the Typoscript call (plugin.tx_felogin_pi1 if I
remember correctly) to put the loginbox at that marker.
The exact piece of Typoscript depends on how you've setup the handling
of the HTML template.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert