[TYPO3-english] felogin update and display

Jörg Klein joerg at klein-family.com
Fri Sep 3 15:02:31 CEST 2010

Hi Max!

"Max van Essen" <max at roxmedia.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1283513687.7393.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...

> 1. I have a typo 4.2.14 site, but the version of felogin is still 1.0.0.
> How can I update the ext to the new version?

felogin always comes with TYPO3 itself. So if you want to have a newer
version of felogin, you should update TYPO3 to a newer version.
Another possibility is to download the newer version of TYPO3 and to take
the folder typo3/sysext/felogin from there. Put this in the folder
typo3conf/ext of your installation. Then this new version should be used.
However, there is no guarantee that this will work, because the new version
of felogin could just be incompatible with the old TYPO3 version.

> 2. I want a login/logout form on every page on my site. In the template I
> defined a place (with ###) for the felogin form, but how next? Where
> should I place to code display it on every page.

You must add the code to the setup field of your TypoScript-Template.
If you have something like this in your TS-Template Setup-field:
page = PAGE
page.20.template = FILE
page.20.template.file = fileadmin/template.html

and if you called the marker "LOGIN", then you could add the code by adding
something like that:
page.20.marks.LOGIN = TEXT
page.20.marks.LOGIN.value = <div id=login">...Needed HTML-Code...</div>

Regards

Jörg