[TYPO3-english] Content localization not possible after typo3 upgrade 4.2.8 -> 4.3.2

Tom999 tekk999 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:39:04 CEST 2010

After upgrading from typo3 4.2.8 to 4.3.2 it is not possible to add new
localized content.
When adding localized content, the correspong site site in the froentend has
an empty content area.
This does not apply to localized content that already existed before the
upgrade!

Here are the steps that reproduce the error on my setup:
1. Create new page, e.g., www.foo.com/bar with some content
2. The site is beeing displayed correctly under all languages, e.g.,
www.foo.com/bar and www.foo.es/bar (with default unlocalized content)
3. Create localized content for this page, e.g., in spanish
4. No page content is displayed under www.foo.es/bar
5. After deleting the localized content, the default page content appears
again under www.foo.es/bar

I am using RealURL in a multidomain / multilanguage context. Because of a
bug in RealURL (e.g. http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10774), that was not
resolved when I set up the site, I don't use the _DOMAINS feature of
RealURL. Instread, I am using the following realurlconfig:

$domainset = explode('.',t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('HTTP_HOST'));
switch($domainset[count($domainset)-1]){
case 'de':
    $_GET['L'] = 4;
    break;
case 'com':
    $_GET['L'] = 1;
    break;
case 'fr':
    $_GET['L'] = 2;
    break;
case 'es':
    $_GET['L'] = 3;
    break;
case 'cz':
    $_GET['L'] = 5;
    break;
default:
    $_GET['L'] = 1;
    break;
break;
};
[...]

Further information:
PHP: 5.2.5
RealURL: 1.7.0
Web Server: Apache

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Tom