[TYPO3-english] Create a table that doesn't exist in the TCA?

Andrew Plank plankmeister-NO at SPAM-hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:25:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

I need to create a table for temporary storage in the database, and it
needs to be a table that backend users can't browse in the backend and
can't create records in.

I tried just adding an "ext_tables.sql" file with my desired table
setup, but the table isn't created by the EM. I expected this anyway, as
I know the TCA is closely linked with DB tables.

Is there a way of configuring a tabel in the TCA, so that the EM will
allow the table to be created (with an SQL file that is far from
"standard") and will effectively hide it from the user?

Kind regards,

Andrew Plank