[TYPO3-english] how can I add a condition on pid in graphical menues?

Santiago santi013 at arcor.de
Sat Oct 30 17:40:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

> > The point is - I'm a newbee - and therefor I don't know the right terms
> > to look for - and - I don't know to think the T3-way yet.
>
> That's why there are newsgroups/mailinglists :-)

Shure. But when I get no response, I wonder - was my question too silly, was
it inappropiate or did I just hit the wrong day with my question ...

> For learning things in Typoscript there is a nice document: "Typoscript
> by Example" [1]

I already stumbled upon it - but it was too hard core on first touch

> The answers for the "challenges" can be found in
> the last chapter.

Yes, stil need to learn a lot til I can face the challenge section.

> Regarding the documentation "TSRef" [2], it's very important that you
> understand how to read the information in it.

I believe, I don't have problems on reading, but shure I do have problems on
searching - as I don't know, what to search for.

> There you will find which values are valid, but also lots of information
> about functionality hidden in all kinds of expressions.

Yes - I discovered some nice nuggets yet - so may be I have to read it
sequentially like a book, just to recognize tokens later on ...

> If you happen to use Firefox as your browser there is a nice add on
> "TYPO3 workbench" which includes TSref as a separate window and has an
> index frame plus search functionality [3] among other features.

Great hint! Thanks. I'll gonna try it.

Thank you very much for your support and your hints on how to do things better
:)

kind regards

Santiago