[TYPO3-english] Custom 404 with 404 header and CoolURI?

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Fri Oct 29 02:42:02 CEST 2010

Jan Bednarik <info at bednarik.org> wrote:

> > I am not sure if I did it the right way when trying "page" because I
> > found many different infos in the net. Do I have to place a static html
> > file somewhere, e.g. in fileadmin?
>
> The value should be http://example.com/index.php?id=IdOfYour404Page

Strange: today it works with such a page inside the backend site tree,
while yesterday I changed it this way and that and back again, without
success. The respective line now is:

<behavior type="page">http://www.example.com/index.php?id=xyz</behavior>

Thx for the help, probably I used a wrong syntax.

A wrong resource address entered and triggering the 404 page remains in
the browsers address field, as it should: The id of the error page does
not show up there. But the links contained in the navigation of the
error page are given as id's, they are no longer rewritten, as the
status bar shows, until they are called. That may irritate search
engines, but probably it's a minor flaw.

Pasting the complete static html code into the CDATA string avoids even
this, and I no longer have the impression of the site being slowed down
by this.

Regards