[TYPO3-english] Custom 404 with 404 header and CoolURI?

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Thu Oct 28 00:02:09 CEST 2010

Christopher Torgalson <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Axel Joensson <a.joensson at web.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is it possible to set up a custom "error 404" page with CoolURI
> > installed, that does send a correct 404 header instead of 302 or
> > something like that?
> >
> > Does disabling CoolURI for that page and defining it in the Inatall Tool
> > do the job?
> >
> > Or is there any other valid way to send a correct 404 header with a
> > custom page, showing e.g. the regular site menu, with CoolURI working on
> > the rest of the site?
>

> There is no possible reason for a 404 page to need a custom URL since
> it is *never* accessed via it's own URL (what would be the point?)

I didn't ask for a custom *URL*, but for a custom page (which was meant
to describe its appearance, not its URL).

> You can use a TYPO3 page as a 404 page (including correct 404 header)
> like this:
>
> * Create a page and note its id
> * In the install tool or in localconf.php directly, set
> [pageNotFound_handling_statheader] to HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found (this is
> the default I think)
> * In the install tool or in localconf.php, set [pageNotFound_handling]
> to /index.php?id=123 (replace '123' with the id of your page of
> course...)
>
> Note that there are several other configuration options for
> [pageNotFound_handling] that you can read about in the install tool.

I know that. You ignored the crucial condition mentioned in my post:
*With CoolURI installed and working*

All you said is fine, thx for that. But it does not work this way with
URIs rewritten by CoolURI.

Regards