[TYPO3-english] How to integrate a loop when building HMENU?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Oct 26 14:02:00 CEST 2010

Hi Benoît,

> My problem is to integrate the non css layer part (<table>...</table>) into
> the css layer definition. By the way I first try to use<ul><li>... instead
> of<table>  but in this case nothing appears!
>
> A excellent similar menu behaviour can be see on this website:
> http://www.grolley.ch/fr/admin/dechets/collecte/ (menu displaying is
> sometimes slow).

Having a (quick) look of it seems that the menu you mention is a big
hack and is bad when it comes to SEO and accessible content.

What about using this instead:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/nested_side_bar_menu/

It is said to be even compatible with IE6 which is (certainly) one of
the point on your specifications.

Regards
Xavier