[TYPO3-english] How can I get introduction-package working?

Santiago santi013 at arcor.de
Mon Oct 25 11:32:02 CEST 2010

Hello Steffen,

> So you didn't download the introduction package, but the plain 4.5
> sources? So try this:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/typo3/introductionpackage-4.5.0alpha3.ta
> r.gz?download

No - the mistake was not at download time. I think I got it.
With the trouble of access-rights I got confused between root-url, typo3-url
and install-url - and I used the install-url.

Now I dropped the db and localconfig and restartet with root-url - which leaded
me to the right wizzard, that installed the intro-site.
Thanks a lot!

Now that the site is running, I noticed, that none of the image effects is
working. So I checked my system and graphicsmagick is installed, as well as
imagemagick and the php-extension for imagemagick.
The suite of imagemagick has the release number 6.6.0-4 and the tools
"convert", "composite" and "identify" are at standard location (/usr/bin),
only "combine" is missing.

I tried to solve the trouble with the basic configuration from install, but I
don't get the image effects to work.

When I try to follow the mw-tutorial, it fails at page 71ff, where fonts are
used to create images. I copied the fontfile to fileadmin and added the fontfile
to the resources used by the template, but the images created are background
only - no text at all.
But - the gif at basic configuration page looks fine, background with text!

kind regards

Santiago