[TYPO3-english] How to keep old URL

Pero Matic takoje at takoje.hr
Fri Oct 22 18:04:03 CEST 2010

"Lina Wolf" <liste at linawolf.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1287762256.22193.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
> Hi Pero,
>
> you could do an export and then when importuing the project click on "keep
> all uid values". If it is about redirection: it is suggested to redirect
> by htaccess and not realURL. Redirects by htacces are much faster and
> using less of your servers resources.

Thx. Lina. I could try to export/import that page. Problem with redirects is
that you can only do external redirects - u send browser new address and
then browser makes another call with rewriten address. This is not good in
some cases - ie. for some custom written php RSS clients that expect page,
not redirect.

Regards.