[TYPO3-english] CoolURI - removing parts of URL

Pero Matic takoje at takoje.hr
Fri Oct 22 10:00:11 CEST 2010

"Jan Bednarik" <info at bednarik.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1287696789.4405.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
>> I tried that too but didn't succeed. Now i'm into apache rewrites but i
>> get
>> status code 302 while being redirected to mysite.com (i wrote new thread
>> about this.) Thx.
>
> I don't think it's the correct way. Did you check Sticky on the modified
> URL?

Jan, i think this can't be done in CoolURI manager. So to explain it more.
This is my page tree:

page1
 -> page2
    -> page3
      -> page4
      -> page5
      -> page6

so for example to access page5 URL would be:

/page1/page2/page3/page5

and i want it to be /page1/page5/ BUT not only for page5. I want all URLs
bellow page3 (pages are added constantly) to be like:

/page1/pageX

And that's not all - when user writes ie. /page1/pageX in browser address
field it must NOT change - URL should stay as it is. I finaly solved this by
using apache internal rewrite and patching CoolURI - i will post my solution
in thread "Rewrite and siteScript".

Regards.