[TYPO3-english] Red question marks in BE

Boris Gulay boris at boressoft.ru
Tue Oct 19 12:02:37 CEST 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:36:53 +0200, Steffen Gebert
<steffen at steffen-gebert.de> wrote:
> On 19.10.10 10:09, Boris Gulay wrote:
>> After upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 (latest to latest) sometimes I see red
>> question marks instead of icons in BE. There is no errors in web server
>> and
>> PHP error logs.
>> What is wrong with my installation?
>
> Did you clear the cache files in typo3conf/temp*
Yes, sure.

I found where the probles is. Directory typo3temp/compressor, it was
created (during update?) with wrong owner and permissions. And class
t3lib_SpriteManager was not able to write icon cache to temporary file in
this directory (method rebuildCache).

iconsAvailable subarray in initialized from this file.

Hope, this small investigation will be helpfull for somebody. :)