[TYPO3-english] Custom Columns

Dayle Rees dre at llgc.org.uk
Wed Oct 13 17:41:39 CEST 2010

On 13/10/10 16:15, JoH asenau wrote:
>> I am trying to get custom columns working for page input, I have read
>> through the TSref and and come up with the following page TSconfig :
>>
>> TCEFORM.tt_content.colPos.addItems {
>>       4 = My New Column
>>       5 = Another Column
>> }
>>
> Well - since it's been me who caused this:
>
> You should add the items to the TCA array by putting something like this into the extTables.php file located in your t<po3conf folder:
>
> $TCA['tt_content']['columns']['colPos']['config']['items']['4'] = array('My New Column','4');
> $TCA['tt_content']['columns']['colPos']['config']['items']['5'] = array('Another Column','5');
>
> The TCEFORM settings in TSconfig won't influence the visible columns in the page module but just the available options in the select box.
> This works when just adding new content element types, but not for the columns.
>
> So sorry for the confusion
>
> Joey

Thanks Joey, this makes a lot more sense to me, I am a PHP developer and
often get lost with the TYPOSCRIPT side of things. Thanks!

--
Dayle Rees BSc MCP
Rhaglennydd Datblygu'r We		Web Applications Developer

Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru		National Library of Wales
dayle.rees at llgc.org.uk			Ffôn / Phone	01970 632425