[TYPO3-english] DAM and indexing

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Tue Oct 12 08:30:03 CEST 2010

Hi Pero,

> Hi. Can someone tell me what min. permissions i have to set so that my BE
> users can upload files to DAM. For now, my BE users have problems after
> uploading file to DAM in the way that file is not indexed so it can't be
> linked in RTE. This doesn't happen allways. What i did now is the stuff from
> manual:

You have to give write and read access to the table "Media" and read
access to the table "Media types". Also you have to allow some exclude
fields for the media table (title, caption, deleted, timestamp,
parent_id, ...).

> but i don't want BE users to be able to access all files in Media Folder so
> can I forbide that? Thx.

You can restrict the fileadmin mount points and hide the media folder
for editors. So they can only upload and retrieve files from the
assigned fileadmin folders.

Regards,
Chris.