[TYPO3-english] Patching rtehtmlarea

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Oct 12 07:48:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

> However, I'm not sure how to apply a patch. Do I need to manually make the
> changes described in the patch file, or simply copy
> rtehtmlarea_bugfix_11009_follow_up_trunk.patch
> <http://bugs.typo3.org/file_download.php?file_id=7781&type=bug>   into the
> extension directory?

Copying a diff/patch file into some directory will not do anything. You
have to apply to patch to the source code. If you use Windows, I suggest
you download and install TortoiseSVN. This allows you both to access
latest version of any TYPO3 source files and extensions. In addition, it
provides a wizard to apply patches onto source files.

If you use either Linux or Mac OS X, best is to open a terminal, move to
the source directory (in case of the aforementioned patch, this is in
/path/to/typo3_src and then run

$ patch -p0 < /path/to/rtehtmlarea...._trunk.patch

For this patch, as only two lines are changed, you may as well manually
change the original file.

You'll find lots of useful information regarding patch, diff and
subversion by googling it.

Regards
Xavier