[TYPO3-english] Advice: don't try to clear a non-cache table

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Oct 10 22:15:54 CEST 2010

Hi all,

After having banged my head against the wall for a good while, I thought
I would share a small insight with all of you:

It's possible to add tables to clear when triggering "Clear all caches"
using

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php']['clearAllCache_additionalTables']

But all these tables names must end with "cache". As soon as TCEmain
finds one of them that doesn't, it issues a die() statement, thus
interrupting the cache clearing process. In particular this means that
any table coming after the faulty one will not be cleared and that the
post-process hook
($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php']['clearCachePostProc'])
will not be called.

I guess that should be changed at some point, probably by just logging
the problem in the sys_log table and continue with the rest of the process.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter