[TYPO3-english] Tesseract data controller and consumer diaspear after saving

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 7 22:15:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Thanks from me as well - I had the exact same problem:)

I know it's a bit embarrassing, but I haven't found a way around it. The
fact is that each component (Data Consumer, Data Provider or Data
Filter) needs to register itself as an allowed table to create relation
to with the displaycontroller. But the displaycontroller contains the
actual definition of the relevant TCA fields. Thus if the other
extensions are installed *before* it, it will wipe out their additions.

I tried to help a bit with that by setting a custom field in the
configuration options of extension "tesseract" itself, which lists the
extensions that you may want to install, but I must admit (ashamedly and
after double-checking) that I forgot to mention that they should also be
installed in that order, from top to bottom.

I have opened myself a bug report in order not to forget to improve that:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10162

Cheers

--

Francois Suter