[TYPO3-english] FE authentication in TYPO3 4.x

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Oct 3 16:14:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> You mean one is active for all sites (based on service priority)? How can
>> they all be active? When u submit login info u can't tell TYPO3 what
>> auth.
>> service to use (or u can?).
>
> Please read the documentation!
> There can be 3 results, returned by an auth service:
> 200 = accepted
> 100 = no decicion
> 0 = denied
>
> So if an auth service returns code 100, because no user data is found,
> other services jump in.

Exactly. The basic idea behind this is to be able to have multiple
services to authenticate against and have priority on them to use them
"in chain". Then the first one that can authenticate the user "wins" and
other services are not called.

If you want to activate different services according to different
subsites you have, you'll have to _change_ the authentication services
to take this extra parameter into account. I don't say it will be really
tricky but that's not something that is possible out of the box and
you'll probably have to manage your modification and make sure they are
not overwritten whenever you update the underlying authentication
service (LDAP, ...).

Regards
Xavier