[TYPO3-english] FE authentication in TYPO3 4.x

Nino nesto at nesto.hr
Sun Oct 3 13:19:57 CEST 2010

"Xavier Perseguers" <typo3 at perseguers.ch> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1286100722.696.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
> Hi,
>
>>> I'm talking about different auth. services ofcourse that could be
>>> active for
>>> different sites (and maybe even in the same site). I use many diffrerent
>>> services, LDAP, SimpleSAML, CAS, TYPO3 standard FE login etc.. Does
>>> TYPO3
>>> core team plan to make this possible in some future TYPO3 ver. ? THX!
>>
>> And you have them all in one installation?
>
> Yes, that sounds pretty strange, a bit like "I pay for one single TYPO3
> website with my hoster and I try to host all of my websites with many
> different needs in it". I cannot think of real use-cases where _many_
> different services should be made accessible separately for a single TYPO3
> install.

First of all i don't pay anything :-) We are an IT non profit academic
institution with all needed infrastructure. I use one TYPO3 installation to
host number of sites. This way it's much easier to do maintenance (upgrades
etc.) then having 50 separate TYPO3 installations for each site. This
feature (multiple sites under one installation) is one of the best features
for me. Now - on FE authentication. When u have 50 sites in one TYPO3
installation some of them will want to auth. users from LDAP, some of them
will want to auth. users via SimpleSAML, and some of them will want standard
TYPO3 FE auth. For now (maybe i'm wrong) i can set only one auth service
active for all 50 sites. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

 >> But there's also a pre-check (isAvailable() IIRC). You could modify the
>> services to decide at this stage, whether they are currently available
>> or not (by checking the SERVER_NAME against a configuration value. This
>> way, only the services you want to be available will be available.
>
> Yes, you'll have to modify the different auth extensions to take an
> additional parameter such as SERVER_NAME into account to
> activate/deactivate themselves.

Yes, i thought about this too. Do u know where can i find more info about
this - how to deactivate service and make another active? Thx.

Regards.