[TYPO3-english] FE authentication in TYPO3 4.x

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Oct 3 12:12:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> I'm talking about different auth. services ofcourse that could be
>> active for
>> different sites (and maybe even in the same site). I use many diffrerent
>> services, LDAP, SimpleSAML, CAS, TYPO3 standard FE login etc.. Does TYPO3
>> core team plan to make this possible in some future TYPO3 ver. ? THX!
>
> And you have them all in one installation?

Yes, that sounds pretty strange, a bit like "I pay for one single TYPO3
website with my hoster and I try to host all of my websites with many
different needs in it". I cannot think of real use-cases where _many_
different services should be made accessible separately for a single
TYPO3 install.

> But there's also a pre-check (isAvailable() IIRC). You could modify the
> services to decide at this stage, whether they are currently available
> or not (by checking the SERVER_NAME against a configuration value. This
> way, only the services you want to be available will be available.

Yes, you'll have to modify the different auth extensions to take an
additional parameter such as SERVER_NAME into account to
activate/deactivate themselves.

Regards
Xavier