[TYPO3-english] FE authentication in TYPO3 4.x

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Oct 3 09:51:21 CEST 2010

On 02.10.10 21:44, Pero Matic wrote:

> I'm talking about different auth. services ofcourse that could be active for
> different sites (and maybe even in the same site). I use many diffrerent
> services, LDAP, SimpleSAML, CAS, TYPO3 standard FE login etc.. Does TYPO3
> core team plan to make this possible in some future TYPO3 ver. ? THX!

And you have them all in one installation?
I know of nobody working on the auth services, but the services
architecture is quite flexible: Dependent on the return value of a
service, other auth service can be checked, too. Of course, this asks
all auth services, until a user can be authenticated (which might be a
bit slow and users might (haven't thought too much) on sites, which they
shouldn't be able to login..).

But there's also a pre-check (isAvailable() IIRC). You could modify the
services to decide at this stage, whether they are currently available
or not (by checking the SERVER_NAME against a configuration value. This
way, only the services you want to be available will be available.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert