[TYPO3-english] FE authentication in TYPO3 4.x

Pero Matic pero at matic.com
Sat Oct 2 21:44:45 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> On 29.09.10 12:03, Pero Matic wrote:
>> Hi. Is it possible to have multiple FE users authentication
>> extensions active in TYPO3 4.x ? I find this very anoying limit when
>> u ran many sites under one TYPO3 instance. Different sites need
>> different authentication mechanisms so it would be nice to have this
>> feature possible.
>
> Authentication is handled by core, so I see no reason, why it
> shouldn't be possible to have different login "form" extensions
> (although I never tried this).
>
> Or are you talking of authentication services, e.g. authenticating
> against LDAP and TYPO3's be_users table?

I'm talking about different auth. services ofcourse that could be active for
different sites (and maybe even in the same site). I use many diffrerent
services, LDAP, SimpleSAML, CAS, TYPO3 standard FE login etc.. Does TYPO3
core team plan to make this possible in some future TYPO3 ver. ? THX!

Regards.