[TYPO3-english] Category tree in extension

Jochem Nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Fri Oct 1 09:35:45 CEST 2010

On 30-9-2010 15:23, Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
> I`m not sure how can I achive with this category tree like in tt_news :)
>
> 2010/9/29 Philipp Gampe<typo3.list at philippgampe.info>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:33:34 +0200, Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
>>
>>>   how can I create a category tree in my onw extension ?
>>>
>>> For example I want to make an extension that allow users to add "thing"
>>> and "category". Category can be added to "thing" (more than one
>>> category).
>>>
>>> How can I achive that ?
>>
>> Did you try the extension tagpack? I think you can use it with your own
>> extension too.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Phil

Hi Phil,

If you want a category tree like in tt_news its easy to achive that.
You just have to take a look at how the tree is built in tt_news and
apply that same principle in your own extension.

I've done the same for a custom extension. It took me a few hours but
once you know how to do it, it won't take that long.

Take a look at the class class.tx_ttnews_treeview.php in the tt_news
extension. Also take a look at the ext_tables.php file (search for
'treeParentField').

HTH