[TYPO3-english] How to hide fields in BE forms from extensions for all users ?

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Tue Nov 30 21:37:48 CET 2010

yes i had experimented with this already but it doesn't work, i must be
doing sth wrong ...

so i edit my user and put this into the Backend Users TSconfig to for
example hide the field contact_data_source:

page.TCEFORM.tx_realty_objects.types.0.contact_data_source {
   disabled = 1
}
page.TCEFORM.tx_realty_objects.types.1.contact_data_source {
   disabled = 1
}

And for this to work i have to have tcamanipulate runnig ? (which i do)

What about the editing of extTables.php through the $TCA browser,
shouldn't that work since it generates a list of things/fields in
'showitem'?

I'm sorry for my ignorance, i've battled myself through a lot of
tutorials and TSref and TSconfig ref but i have no experience with this
and am still a bit lost