[TYPO3-english] How to hide fields in BE forms from extensions for all users ?

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Tue Nov 30 20:34:21 CET 2010

Alright... now I get it. You modified the extension itself.

Well, first of all, you should not modify the extension itself as you
will create troubles for yourself or someone else administering the
website once you need to update the extension (and you forget that you
have done some changes). It's better to use some extension for
modification. Try "tcamanipulate". I'm creating a new extension for $TCA
manipulation but it's not public yet.

Secondly, you should modify...

$TCA['tx_realty_objects']['types']['0']['showitem']

...and...

$TCA['tx_realty_objects']['types']['1']['showitem']

Tomas Mrozek