[TYPO3-english] Updating realURL 1.3.4 -> 1.10.1

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org
Tue Nov 30 10:20:07 CET 2010

Hi!

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator wrote:
> we run a TYPO3 4.2 website and everything looks fine so far, thats why
> we did not update realURL for a long time :-)
>
> Today I thought about that and liked to ask if anybody has some
> suggestion regarding such a 'big' update?

Only one big thing: if you use aoe_realurl, uninstall that first and use
"UPDATE!" in the extension manager. RealURl supports the same functionality
out of the box now but it conflicts with AOE's version.

If you use 'autoUpdatePathCache', you may also improve performance a lot by
removing that option completely. RealURL now does that automatically and
only when necessary.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member